Last updated on August 29th, 2023.
Computer science is a valuable skill that many companies want. If you’re interested in a computer science certification but can’t leave your home, you might want to take a certification course online. What are the best options for your life?
The best online certifications for computer science include:
- Udacity’s Full Stack Web Developer Course
- Coursera’s Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Specialization
- Coursera’s Computer Science: Programming With a Purpose
- Udacity’s Become a Java Web Developer Course
- Coursera’s Google IT Support Professional Certificate
These will give you everything you need to succeed.
Read on to learn more about each of these certifications. There is sure to be something here that will work for your life. Let’s get started right away.
Which Online Certification is Best for Computer Science?
If you want to learn the basics of computer science, which online certification is the best for computer science? Which will give you the most for your money in a world with so many programs?
For those who want basics, your best bet is Coursera’s Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Specialization. This education module will lay the groundwork for your career.
What Certifications Can I Get Online for Computer Science?
There are tons of certifications you can get for computer science online. The career path provides more than one job.
You can get a computer science certification in items like:
- Computer programming
- Certification in Web developing
- Security systems
There are many computer science options available for interested individuals online.
No matter what aspect of computer science you love, there’s something here for you. Let’s talk about some of the best available online.
The 5 Best Online Certifications for Computer Science
There are five excellent online certifications for computer science online. Each of them has something different to offer interested learners.
No matter what you want in your education, there’s something here for your life. Let’s get started.
1. Udacity’s Full Stack Web Developer Course
The first course on this list is Udacity’s Full Stack Web Designer Course. With an account, this course is free to take. It will take about four months to complete at 5-10 hours a week, which isn’t too much commitment.
- Requires previous experience with programs like Python and Git
- Teaches niche skills in the web developing world
- Provides a nano degree for learners to present
You have everything you need with this advanced certification.
If you’re interested in getting into the details of web designing, this is the course for you. It’s not ideal for those who don’t have much experience in the web designing world. It’s tricky but well worth it for interested parties.
2. Coursera’s Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Specialization
Coursera’s Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Specialization is another ideal option. With a Coursera subscription, you get this course from the University of London for free. It’s a beginner-level course that will take about four months to complete.
- Provides a beginner-level look at basic computer science and programming skills
- Gives a way for students to apply their new skills
- Presents a certificate online to learners
Beginners will adore the basics this program gives them.
If you want a basic understanding of computer science and programming, this course is the right one. It’s a beginner course, so you don’t need to worry about being an expert before you get going.
3. Coursera’s Computer Science: Programming With a Purpose
Next up is Coursera’s Computer Science: Programming With a Purpose course. With a Coursera subscription, you take this Princeton University program for free. It takes about 88 hours to complete.
- Provides information about computer science’s impact on the modern world
- Teaches basic programming principles
- Gives a certificate to learners
This course is another excellent one for those who want to work with the basics.
Although computer science is a critical part of today’s world, it is rarely taught as a staple in school. Coursera’s course gives the information you should have learned in school.
4. Udacity’s Become a Java Web Developer Course
Udacity’s Become a Java Web Developer Course is an excellent choice if you want to work in web development. The courses are free with a Udacity account, and it will take about four months to learn at your pace.
- Provides instruction on working with the Java programming language
- Gives quality instructors to students
- Shows skills necessary for working in companies like Google and Apple
You will need intermediate knowledge to complete this course.
If you want to become a web developer, investing in Udacity is worth the money. They offer discounts at certain moments of the year.
5. Coursera’s Google IT Support Professional Certificate
The final course on this list is Coursera’s Google IT Support Professional Certificate. It’s a free course with a Coursera account, and it will take about six months to complete at a rate of ten hours a week.
- Is at a beginner level
- Provides skills for an entry-level IT job
- Gives a professional certificate to learners
There’s a lot to gain from this education program.
If you’re interested in working with Google IT, this course is for you. It will equip you with everything you need in sectioned-off learning modules.
Final Thoughts on Getting a Certification in Computer Science
If you’re interested in a computer science certification, it can be tricky to find the right one. There are tons of options to choose from online. The five listed above provide everything you need, all for affordable prices. Whether you pick something from Coursera, you’ll get valuable insight into the computer science world.
We hope this information was helpful! There are a lot of opportunities available in computer science. Whether you want to be a web developer or programmer, you need to know what you’re getting yourself into after paying. A computer science degree will help you become confident in your technical skills and have a certificate to prove it.