Last updated on August 23rd, 2023.
The Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI) identifies 16 different personality types, each with their unique preferences and traits. INFJ is one of these personality types, and it is considered to be one of the rarest types, making up only 1-3% of the population. In this article, we will explore why INFJs are so rare, why they tend to have high IQs, what they are good at, and provide examples of famous people with the INFJ Personality Type.
Why are INFJ so rare?
INFJ is considered one of the rarest Myers Briggs Personality Types. This is because INFJs possess a unique set of traits that are not commonly found in the general population. INFJs tend to be introspective, empathetic, creative, and idealistic, making them rare and often misunderstood.
INFJs are introverted and tend to keep to themselves, which can make it difficult for others to understand them. They are also highly intuitive and empathetic, which means they are attuned to the emotions and feelings of others. This sensitivity can be both a blessing and a curse, as it can make them vulnerable to emotional overload and burnout.
INFJs are also known for their idealism and desire for authenticity and meaning in their lives. This can make them appear aloof or disconnected from the material world and its practical concerns. Their high standards and quest for perfection can also make it challenging for them to find fulfilling relationships and career paths.
Why do INFJ tend to have the highest IQ?
While it is not necessarily true that INFJs have the highest IQ, they do tend to score well on intelligence tests. This may be because INFJs are highly intuitive and perceptive, which allows them to process and analyze information quickly and efficiently. They also tend to be creative, imaginative, and open-minded, which can help them generate innovative solutions to problems.
Additionally, INFJs have a deep understanding of human nature and the complexities of interpersonal relationships. This can give them a unique perspective on the world and the people in it, allowing them to excel in fields such as psychology, counseling, and social work.
What are INFJs good at?
INFJs have a unique set of strengths that make them well-suited for certain careers and roles. Some of the areas where INFJs excel include:
- Counseling and therapy. INFJs are highly empathetic and intuitive, which makes them well-suited for careers in counseling and therapy. They have a deep understanding of human emotions and can provide valuable insights and support to those in need.
- Writing and the arts. INFJs tend to be creative and imaginative, making them well-suited for careers in writing, art, and other creative fields. They often have a unique perspective on the world and can convey complex ideas in compelling ways.
- Social work and advocacy. INFJs are passionate about helping others and promoting social justice. They have a deep sense of empathy and can advocate for those who are marginalized or in need of support.
- Leadership and management. INFJs have strong organizational skills and are often natural leaders. They can inspire and motivate others, and they tend to be highly effective in managing teams and projects.
Examples of famous people with the INFJ Personality Type
There are many famous people throughout history who are believed to have had the INFJ Personality Type. Some examples include:
- Martin Luther King Jr. King was a charismatic leader who advocated for civil rights and social justice. He was known for his deep empathy and compassion for others, as well as his ability to inspire and motivate people.
- Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa was a nun who dedicated her life to serving the poor and sick. She was known for her compassion, selflessness, and devotion to helping others.
- J.K. Rowling. Rowling is the author of the Harry Potter series, which has sold millions of copies worldwide. She is known for her creativity, imagination, and ability to create complex and engaging characters.
- Mahatma Gandhi. Gandhi was a political leader and activist who advocated for Indian independence from British rule. He was known for his philosophy of nonviolent resistance and his commitment to social justice.
- Nelson Mandela. Mandela was a political leader and activist who fought against apartheid in South Africa. He was known for his compassion, forgiveness, and commitment to reconciliation.
The INFJ Personality Type is a unique and rare personality type that possesses a set of traits that are not commonly found in the general population. INFJs tend to be introspective, empathetic, creative, and idealistic, making them well-suited for careers in counseling, social work, the arts, and leadership. While they may be misunderstood and struggle to find their place in the world, INFJs have the potential to make a significant impact on the people and communities around them.