Last updated on December 8th, 2023.
Our lives are becoming busier and busier. We rush to work, spend a busy day at a deck, and then back in the car to pick up the kids and take them to soccer practice. Then, we rush home to start dinner. And then the next day, we do it all over again. If you add in all your screen time and all of the time you spend sitting in traffic, when does your mind ever have a chance to experience serenity and calmness?
That’s where the healing powers of meditation come in. Meditation can transform your life. You become more mindful, more centered and less reactive to stress.
And there is one form of meditation that has been helping people achieve peace for thousands of years. It’s called Vedic meditation and it’s based on Hindu philosophy and Ayurveda. Practitioners choose a mantra, or word that lacks meaning but has a resonant vibration and sound, which travels through the body when chanted, allow for deep meditation.
The Veda Center
If you have a steady meditation practice, or even if you are just starting out, and you’d like to spread the joy of meditation to others, The Veda Center will give you the skills you need to be a meditation teacher and ambassador of this beautiful tradition.
In our review of the Veda Center, we’re going to discuss its online and in-person meditation teacher trainings and retreats, as well as its meditation courses, to help you live your best life.
So read on while we discuss how the Veda Center can transform your life!
We want to discuss, as part of our Veda Center review, teacher trainings that are offered both online and in person. So, if you’d like to start a new career or change careers, you’ll have the chance to train in the comfort of your home! We’ll review the Veda Center’s 200-hr. Online Meditation Teacher Training, as well as its foundational Vedic Meditation Master Class, the introduction to its 1,800-hr. Vedic Meditation Teacher Training Course. These courses will give you insight into thousands of years of teaching. You’ll have the opportunity to gain certification, giving you a boost when you’re ready to find clients or a new job.
200-Hour Online Meditation Teacher Training
This online 200-hour meditation teacher training course will certify graduates in Transcendence/Self-Discovery, Energized Body & Mind, Present Moment Awareness, and Calm Focus, the four main ideas people experience when meditating. You’ll also learn 12 different meditations to teach, and will be able to move on to Vedic meditation as a next course of study.
Who is this course for?
You don’t have to know the ins and outs of meditation to begin the Veda Center’s 200-hr. Meditation Teacher Training. Just a curiosity and desire to help others achieve calmness in their lives is all you need. So, besides those with a regular meditation practice, yoga teachers wanting to expand their offers, and people new to meditation will gain valuable knowledge in this course.
What will you receive?
At the end of the course, you’ll be a master at meditation, and you’ll have the confidence and know-how to teach the fundamental types of meditation. You’ll get:
- An expert level of understanding of the different types of meditation
- The opportunity to practice and analyze different meditation techniques
- Support, encouragement and feedback on your meditation teaching methods
- Level 1 Meditation Teacher Certification
The class, which can be completed in as little as 100 days (you have 200 days total to finish the course) has an extensive syllabus for being an entry level course. You’ll be confident upon finishing the course that you’ve receive a high level of education. Course topics include:
- Introduction to 4 Categories of Meditation
- Stabilizing Rapid Transformation
- Common Mistakes Teachers Make
- The Importance of Posture
- 5 Senses Body Scan Meditation
- Compassion & Loving Kindness Meditation
- Light from the Heart Meditation
- Self-Realization Meditation
- Breathing Meditation and Breathing to the Chakras (Want to know if your Chakras are blocked? Check out that article to find out!)
- Transcendence/Self Discovery Meditation using Mantras
- How to Lead and Price a Class, Ethics, Cooperation and Competition
- How to Integrate Different Categories of Meditation in One Class
- How to Teach Children
- And so much more!
While the lessons are pre-recorded, there are also live Q&As. Plus, the teachers are active on the course online forums!
When you’ve finished the 200-hr. course, you’ll have the knowledge to successfully teach meditation all over the world. You’ll attract clients with your certification, and not only private clients, but yoga studios and businesses. You’ll change the lives of many people, and you’ll be on the path to success!
Online Vedic Meditation Mastery
This course, structured both for personal development and as a foundational prerequisite for the in-person Vedic Meditation teacher training, runs for four months and is open to those who have already practiced Vedic Meditation with a qualified teacher.
Over the course of 50 lessons, you’ll learn:
- Ayurveda + Healing the Body
- The Brain
- The Biochemistry of Stress
- Overcoming Trauma
- Spontaneous Creation of Order
- Theories of Cosmogenesis
- Vedic Trinities
- The 7 States of Consciousness
- Techniques for Attaining States of Consciousness
- Enlightened States of Consciousness
- Karma and Dharma
- Developing the Subtle Senses
- Maharishi Patanjali
- Dharana, Dhyana, and Samadhi
- Various Sutras
- And so much more!
This course is the first step in becoming a Vedic Meditation teacher and will “get your mind and body in optimal condition for deep learning and powerful spiritual experiences.”
Vedic Meditation Teacher Training
The ultimate step on your journey to becoming a Vedic Meditation teacher, this 1,200-hr. teacher training is taught in person as a full-time immersion course in a beautiful tropical location. We looked extensively at this teacher training as part of our Veda Center review and we’ve got to say, it offers and impressive amount of information. The class’s four components include:
- Mental and physical conditioning to transform you into a perfect vessel for the expansion of knowledge and pure consciousness.
- Expansion of the heart and senses through a deeper program of meditation, pranayama and yoga.
- Rigorous application of knowledge and wisdom.
- Expansion and growth in your career as a Vedic Meditation teacher after you graduate.
What will you learn?
Loosening and clearing of the deep stresses stored in the physiology – You’ll practice many hours of Vedic Meditation and learn the advanced techniques required to clear your body of a lifetime of stress. The Veda Center says, “You will be taught a sequence of techniques to increase the speed of evolution and break the chains of past experience. You will become light and clear and ready to teach with purity and purpose.”
In this class you will learn to guide your own meditation students towards transcendence. You’ll learn how to grow your own meditation business with ethics and integrity. And you’ll learn to answer your student’s questions knowledgeably, allowing them to share their experiences.
Who is this course for?
Maybe you are uncertain if you will be a good fit for this course. Well, worry no more. This course is perfect for:
- The Wisdom Seeker – Your meditation has made you insightful and mindful. You know yourself and your body, and you want to pass on the Vedic wisdom, your experiences and scientific knowledge to others.
- The Change Maker – You’ve transformed your life and now you want to make an impact on the world. You want to work hard and make a difference.
- The True Yogi – You get joy and peace from yoga, athletics, dance and any other way to master the body through flow and movement. You want to now expand your consciousness and teacher others to do the same.
Throughout our Veda Center review, we’ve discussed the different meditation teacher trainings. However, if you are a student of meditation or would like to be one, the Veda Center offers various courses.
- Learn Vedic Meditation with Charlie Knoles in San Francisco – During various times of the year (check here for updates), the Veda Center’s founder offers in-person, weekend courses where you can learn Vedic Meditation, allowing you to become more creative, more productive and more adaptable to life’s stressors.
- Private Courses in Vedic Meditation – If you can’t come to him, Charlie Knoles will travel to you. Yes, he will literally travel anywhere in the world to instruct you and up to 10 family and friends in the art of Vedic Meditation.
As you can see from our Veda Center review, Vedic meditation can transform your life. And Veda Center’s teacher trainings will allow you to change your clients’ lives. You’ll guide them toward transcendence, and they’ll feel a sense of peace like no other.
And, the Veda Center’s meditation teachings will allow you to discover a calmness in you that you didn’t know that you had.
We hope our Veda Center review will encourage you to get on the path to a new life!