Last updated on November 28th, 2023.
Handstands. A skill that demands focus, perseverance, and a deep connection between mind and body. Whether you’re a seasoned yogi, a fitness enthusiast, or a curious beginner, the allure of balancing your entire body weight on your hands is undeniable. We will explore how you get there with this Kyle Weiger Find Your Balance review.
Find Your Balance
While handstands may appear challenging, but can become relatively easy and fun with consistent practice and proper guidance. Here are several reasons for that:
- Progressive training. Handstand training follows a structured progression, starting with foundational exercises to build strength, balance, and flexibility. As individuals advance through these stages, they gradually develop the skills and confidence required for a full handstand.
- Muscle memory. As you practice handstands regularly, your muscles and nervous system begin to adapt and develop muscle memory. This means your body becomes more familiar with the movements and positions required for a handstand, making it easier to achieve and maintain the posture.
- Improved balance. Balance is a skill that can be trained and honed over time. Handstand practice teaches your body to find and maintain equilibrium while inverted. As your balance improves, you’ll find it easier to stay upright in a handstand position.
- Core strength. Handstands demand strong core muscles to maintain stability. Over time, consistent handstand practice can significantly strengthen your core, making it easier to hold the position for longer durations.
- Quality instruction. Practical guidance from a knowledgeable handstand coach can make a massive difference in the ease of learning handstands. They can provide personalized feedback and corrections, helping you avoid common pitfalls.
And now you’re looking for quality instruction? Enter Kyle Weiger.
Who is Kyle Weiger?
Kyle Weiger has coached handstands to thousands of students, but he didn’t grow up doing gymnastics and wasn’t born into a family of acrobats. He struggled to learn handstands into early adulthood and knows how you might feel. Kyle took his foundation as a Registered Yoga Teacher 500 (RYT 500) and set out on a mission to create a program specifically for adult beginners like yourself to build strength and balance faster than you ever thought possible.
He developed a series of online training programs & live handstand workshops to be as inclusive as possible, making proper training accessible to anyone who wants it. All of his courses offer options and modifications regardless of skill level. Handstand training should be simple and focused, not bogged down with machines or weights, so his courses leverage body weight as the primary tool.
If you know where your body is in space, he can teach you how to handstand.
What are Kyle Weiger’s Handstand Courses?
Kyle focuses on the foundational methods of scissor, tuck, and straddle. He has three primary progressive courses – one for beginners and one for beginners plus, and one for intermediates that will prepare you to get in and out of these entries smoothly.
4 Essential Handstand Elements
This beginner course will take the guesswork out of your training.
Here’s the training outline:
- Movement. This video sits at the core of the series. Mastering scissors, tuck, and straddle movement patterns is essential to becoming a proficient handstand practitioner. Here, you’ll explore progressions for each pattern, setting the stage for your handstand journey.
- Shape. Once you’ve honed your movement skills for smooth and efficient transitions, the focus shifts to perfecting your form. This video zeroes in on critical elements like open shoulders, a hollow body, and active legs, all working together to create your cleanest, most elegant line.
- Strength. With the foundation of movement and form in place, the next phase is all about ramping up your strength. This video provides a comprehensive set of drills designed to boost your strength in various positions, empowering you to maintain your handstand for extended durations.
- Balance. Rounding out the puzzle is the art of refining your balance, which promises an exhilarating journey. In this video, you’ll discover top-notch drills to enhance your balance while on your hands.
Get ready to experience some impressive hangtime as you master this crucial skill!
6 Weeks to Handstand
This course is for more than just beginners; over six weeks of practice will enable you to unlock your free-standing balance. 6 Weeks to Handstand is hilariously structured like the flow of a relationship with a significant other.
Here’s the training outline:
- Flirting. This first workout video lays the groundwork for your handstand journey, helping you establish a strong foundation. This phase focuses on developing intelligent movement patterns to serve as a solid base for your progress.
- Dating. Now that you’ve taken the plunge and started your handstand journey, things are heating up! Phase 2 accelerates your strength and balance, introducing new skills and drills to keep the excitement alive in your second video.
- Getting Serious. Think of this phase as a challenging week where you’ll push your limits. You’ll increase the complexity and repetition of drills, forging a deeper connection with your handstand.
- Healthy Space. After three weeks of intense handstand training, it’s time to give yourself a well-deserved break. Phase 4 is your deload week, a period to reduce training days and focus on flexibility intentionally.
- Romance Ignited. Post deload, you’re back and better than ever! Phases 5 and 6 are all about skill acquisition, boosting your endurance holds, and adding dynamic handstand movements for that extra spark.
- In Love. Congratulations, you and your handstand are now inseparable. In this final phase, you’ll fine-tune your skills and master the finer points of your handstand.
It’s the moment when all the puzzle pieces finally fall into place!
1-Minute Handstand Pursuit
This intermediate course adheres to the S.A.I.D. (Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand) principles. To achieve a one-minute handstand requires a systematic approach consisting of conditioning, rest, testing, and repetition.
Here’s the training outline:
- Foundations. Serves as the cornerstone of your training, providing the essential groundwork for refining your technique and entry methods. This program mirrors his regimen in his personal training to ensure my skills remain sharp.
- Time Under Tension. Tracking your time under tension is vital for assessing your ability to maintain your handstand.
- 40/50 Workout. This workout is the real deal when it comes to building strength. Operating on a 1:1 work-to-rest ratio for a solid 50 minutes, this video will enhance your overall endurance and conditioning.
- Loaded Training. A full handstand workout is taken up a notch with adding extra weight to your legs.
Kyle believes that anyone can do a handstand. He even taught his 60-year-old mom to handstand; she hasn’t looked back since! Students will learn much about themselves, including emotional responses and internal reflection. His programs are 100% guaranteed to give you the best handstand you’ve ever had.