Last updated on September 26th, 2023.
A daily meditation practice can be life changing. You make wake up on the wrong side of the bed, but there’s nothing better than a mind-clearing meditation session to calm yourself and find the positivity in life.
We never really think about what is going on in our brains when we meditate. We just revel in the relaxation and mindfulness.
But what we were to tell you there is so much more going on and there are so many more benefits to meditation that you know.
We’re talking specifically about alpha wave meditation. If you’ve never heard alpha wave meditation music, YouTube features many wonderful videos to listen to while you are sitting quietly and meditating. These videos will boost your serotonin, which decreases feelings of anxiety and depression, and will increase your alpha waves, which can have numerous benefits that will talk about below.
What is alpha wave meditation?
When a person daydreams, sits quietly looking at nature or meditates, alpha waves in the brain begin increasing. Alpha brain waves, on a frequency from 8 to 12 Hz, have a lot of positive side effects.
They may originate in the thalamus; researchers still aren’t quite sure. But they are sure that these slow brain waves relax the body and the mind. In fact when the alpha brain waves are rocking, you’ll be in what researchers describe as a “wakeful rest.” Your mind won’t be thinking of all the things on your to-do list. You won’t be worried about getting the kids to practice on time or making it through a stressful traffic jam, so you won’t be late for work. You’ll be deeply relaxed, and you’ll ultimately not be worried about or creating any goals for yourself.
And the alpha brain waves created by meditation or mindfulness practice can do wonders for a person’s mental, emotional and physical well-being! Researchers have found that by boosting your alpha waves, you can increase your ability to handle pain and stress and decrease your feelings of anxiety and depression.
Read on as we discuss all of the effects you’ll notice from listening to alpha wave meditation music. We’ll also discuss how meditation can increase your alpha waves. And, finally, we’ll discuss our three favorite alpha wave meditation YouTube videos, including the one we think is best:
for its beautiful calming sounds. We’ll give you a complete rundown below.
Does listening to alpha waves do anything?
When you listen to alpha wave meditation music, as we said above, you’ll notice a variety of wonderful results.
If you’re going through tough times, you may want to try alpha brain wave music. There is a lot of research out there. In fact, people have been interested in alpha waves since they gained popularity in the early 1960s. But they’ve known about since 1924, actually.
And one helpful thing researchers have found so that a person can create more alpha brain waves: you should keep your eyes closed when listening to alpha brain wave music! You’ll be better able to reach that “chill” spot.
We’ve listening some of the best results below. Results of alpha wave meditation music that can impact your life, your schooling and even your career. Check out all of the effects alpha brainwaves will have on you:
- Better Studying Habits – You’ll find that you’re studying better, you’re understanding more and you’re retaining more information. And you’ll notice that you’re able to concentrate better in all aspects of your life when you listen to alpha wave meditation music.
- Better Sleep – Listening to alpha wave music before you go to sleep will allow you to fall asleep quicker. You’ll be more relaxed, more mindful and more peaceful. You’ll find that you feel more rested when you wake up, and you’ll hopefully be able to sleep better regularly.
- Increased Creativity – You’ll find that you have more exciting plans, think up unique ideas, and produce more creative art, all from regularly listening to alpha brain wave music! You may not become the next Modigliani, but you may be able to meet the creative goals you’ve always had.
- Decreased Depression – Help tackle feelings of depression with alpha brain wave music. You’ll be amazed at how good you’ll feel and how you’ll be better able to cope with negative thoughts.
- Decreased Anxiety – Anxiety can be crippling. And alpha brain wave music will help decrease those feelings. You’ll become more resilient, calm and peaceful. And, if you keep listening to alpha wave meditation music, you’ll learn to control your anxiety more easily. Another way to help with anxiety is trying asanas for anxiety attacks.
- Increased Tolerance to Pain – Chronic pain is debilitating for sure. But by listening to alpha brain wave music, you’ll find that you have more tolerance to pain, allowing you to better cope with your daily life. You could be able to allow more joy to enter your life if you aren’t consumed by chronic pain.
- Increased Resilience to Stress – There is a lot of stress in our modern lives. And listening to alpha wave meditation music will make you more relaxed, more calm and more resilient to stress! From cell phones to social media to all sorts of new technologies, stress is everywhere and it’s important that you protect yourself from too much stress.
- Boosted Immune System – If you’re feeling more mindful and relaxed, you’ll find that your immune system will receive a boost. So, that’s a great reason to listen to alpha brain wave music. You may even be able to stave off summer colds, infections, and other health issues!
- Increased Ability to Solve Problems – With your concentration skills boosted from alpha wave meditation music, you’ll have an increased ability to solve problems! So bring on those complicated work issues! You’ll be the star of the office!
- Relaxed Mind and Body – Lastly, alpha brain wave music relaxes your body and your mind. You’ll find that you’re reaching a Zen feeling frequently when listening to alpha brain wave music.
Yes, those are just a few of the great effects you’ll notice when you listening to alpha brain music. And researchers have found that if you listen frequently, you may be able to train your mind to boost your alpha brain waves more quickly and easily.
Does meditation increase alpha waves?
Yes! Meditation is a great way to increase your alpha waves. And what’s the outcome? Well, greater feelings of relaxation and calmness.
3 Great Alpha Wave Meditation YouTube Videos
Take a listen below to these wonderful alpha wave meditation tracks. You’ll find yourself transformed and you’ll want to listen over and over again. And of course, don’t miss our favorite track, Study Music Alpha Waves: Relaxing Studying Music, Brain Power, Focus Concentration Music. Read below why we love this track so much.
It may be rather amazing to enter a flow state of mind. They’re those times when you lose sight of time (in a good way) and enter a peaceful, creative state of focus that allows you to learn quickly and perform well. The core of your brainwave range is alpha waves.
You may easily absorb new knowledge and are substantially more creative when your brain is working at the alpha frequency.
The human brain may be trained to react to particular stimuli in specific ways, including the creation of alpha waves. If you create a mental cue for yourself when you sit down to enter a flow state, your brain will remember and respond. Listening to this video’s particular piece of music your brain will recognize it and begin acting on the established cue, helping you to reach a state of flow more quickly.
Did you know that alpha brain waves can release serotonin, dopamine and endorphins into the body? Well, now you know, along with the 23 million views of this gentle and meditative video.
Just close your eyes and let this beautiful electronic music enter your brain and your heart. In fact, a heart meditation would be perfect with this music, allowing you to bring love to yourself and the world as you reach that ultimate state of peace and joy.
We meditated while listening to this video and, when we were finished, we felt as if the world was beautiful. And we felt happiness and contentment like never before.
Your heart will open wide and stay open with this amazing alpha wave meditation music.
We love this alpha brain wave stimulating music. The sweet peaceful music and beautiful voices meld together to bring you into a deep and relaxing meditative state. Alpha wave meditation is transforming to your body and your soul.
Your serotonin will rise, wiping away depression and anxiety, and the endorphins you experience will bring happiness to your being.
And, to echo what we said above, the liner notes say, “you’ll find closing your eyes will generally lead to a deeper, more profound state while listening.”
So, take a listen today. Over 4 million others have already done so, and most likely have improved and deepened their meditation practice. So can you!
The study and science of alpha brain waves is deepening every day. We are finding out so much about the positive effects of alpha brain waves, especially, alpha wave meditation.
We’ve helped you discover how listening to alpha waves benefits your life, and it’s so easy, too.
You’ll be able to study better, fight off depression and anxiety and even deepen your meditation practice, all by listening to alpha wave meditation music.
We discussed some of the great effects of boosting your alpha waves with meditation. We don’t even know all of the effects alpha wave meditation will create; researchers are still discovering the positive outcomes and we can’t wait to find out what else alpha wave mediation will do.
And we hope you enjoy the three great alpha wave meditation videos we’ve curated, especially our favorite, Study Music Alpha Waves: Relaxing Studying Music, Brain Power, Focus Concentration Music.
Find a quiet spot or a dark room, close your eyes and lose yourself into the beautiful meditative tracks. You won’t be sorry.