Last updated on September 22nd, 2023.
Brett Larkin founded Uplifted Online Yoga Teacher Training to help aspiring yoga teachers deepen their yoga skills and grow successful businesses. And Uplifted Yoga is truly an innovator in the yoga teaching work, becoming the first totally online yoga teacher training school in 2015.
Brett began offering online teacher training to create thriving online communities, to allow students to discover their authentic voice, and to help yoga teachers create dynamic and successful yoga and wellness business.
But not only does Uplifted Yoga offer a highly sought-after online teacher training program. It also offers its online Pregnant & Powerful Prenatal Yoga class.
Read on as we discuss Uplifted Yoga’s online offers. There’s no time like the present to embark on a new career path. See how Brett and Uplifted Yoga can change your life.
Pregnant & Powerful Prenatal Yoga Class
Brett created Uplifted Yoga’s Pregnant & Powerful Prenatal Yoga while she was pregnant. She was feeling anxiety about the changes in her body as well as the well-being of her baby and herself.
In response to her anxiety, Brett developed a course to show expectant mothers that no matter the changes in their bodies, they are “strong, competent and amazing.”
The course will tap the inner wisdom of pregnant women and allow them to release judgement and fear and find a place in their mind where they can embrace the change and uncertainty in their lives.
What an expectant yogi will get with Uplifted Yoga’s Pregnant & Powerful Yoga Class:
- Six Prenatal Yoga Classes for Trimesters 1 and 2
- Awaken Your Intuition
- Access Your Power
- Arm & Core Sculpt
- Stretch Into Pregnancy
- Relax Into Pregnancy
- Graceful & Grounded
- Pregnant Yogini Resource List and Course Guidebook
- Weekly Practice Plan for Each Trimester, Special Course Checklist, Classes Organized by Energy Level
- Two “Just the Squats” Workouts
- Four Workshops on Posture, Breath & Labor Preparation
- Pregnancy Posture Lab
- Optimizing Posture for Labor
- How to Breathe Fully During Pregnancy
- Mantras and Mudras for Pregnancy
- Seven Yoga Classes and medications for Trimesters 2 and 3
- Kirtan Kriya Kundalini Meditation
- Full body Flow to Connect with Baby
- Morning Stretch and Meditation
- Sculpt & Tone Workout
- Banish Fear of Labor Meditation
- Kundalini Yoga and Positive Birth Mindset
- Increase your Intuition Meditation
- Bonus – Brett’s Birth Story and Labor Tips
Students who have delivered their babies may think that the course is over for them. But, there’s still more. Uplifted Yoga wants to guide new mothers through the principles of yoga and meditation to help in their recovery and aid them in this new stage of life.
The course also includes four postpartum audio lectures:
- Ayurvedic Understanding of Postpartum
- Living Your Yogic Postpartum
- Sharpening Your Mother’s Intuition
- Rituals & Routines to Stabilize Lower Chakras With a New Baby
- Bonus Post Natal Yoga Nidra and 40-Day Postpartum Kriya Practice
One happy yogi raved about the course, saying, “Brett’s is the only prenatal course I choose to follow. Her wisdom runs so deep. Thank you, Brett, for brining in the mental and spiritual preparation we truly need for labor and motherhood.”
Pregnant & Powerful Teacher Edition
For yoga teachers who desire a deeper understanding of Prenatal Yoga and who want to go on to teach it, Uplifted Yoga offers the Pregnant & Powerful Teacher Edition.
What the course includes:
- Access to everything in the full Pregnant & Powerful™ program above
- Teaching Prenatal Basics Videos (for those of you who’ve taken the Uplifted™ 200-Hour YTT, this is the same material covered in our prenatal section)
- Teaching Pregnant & Powerful™ Audio Tutorial for Teachers
- Teaching Pregnant & Powerful™ Video Tutorial for Teachers
- 3 Pregnant & Powerful™ Yoga Sequences with all talking points and poses written out – teach these classes as your own
- Teaching Prenatal Dos & Don’ts PDF
- Uplifted Prenatal Yoga Certificate (upon passing final quiz)
- 10 Non-Contact Hours CE Credit for RYTs (Please note these are YCEP Continuing Education hours, not the RPYT designation which requires 85+ hours of contact-hour, prenatal, in-person study)
Online Yoga Teacher Training & Online Yoga Courses
As we said above Uplifted Yoga was the first yoga studio to offer 100% online yoga teacher training. The studio has always been ahead of the game. And, its online yoga teacher training courses give budding yoga teachers powerful tools in helping others and achieving success. Let’s look at Uplift Yoga’s teacher training courses.
200-HR Online Yoga Teacher Training
Uplift Yoga gives students up to 18 months to finish its 200-hour Online Yoga Teacher Training. However, many students commit 8 to 10 hours a week in order to complete the class.
The training modules for Uplifts 200-hr YTT are numerous and extensive. Uplift wants to make sure its new teachers go out in the real world with the deepest and strongest education possible.
- Yin Yoga
- Business themes such as taxes and insurance, social media, building a website, etc.
- And so much more.
The yoga class is be taught using live Zoom calls, and includes group discussions, student groups and personal feedback. Students receive their certification after taking a final written online exam and finishing a practicum.
300/500-HR Online Yoga Teacher Training
For yoga teachers wanting to get a 500-hr yoga teacher training certification, they’ll need to have taken a 200-hr YTT class like we spoke of above, and after, take a 300-hr YTT. That way, they’ll have 500 hours of training, allowing them to get the 500-hr certification.
Uplift’s 300/500-hr YTT is the first and only yoga program to offer master’s-level yoga teacher training and business coaching. It’s not just a yoga education, it’s also entrepreneurship training.
Upon completion of the up-level course, students will be well-versed in:
- Brain anatomy
- Digestive System
- Injury Management Techniques
- Internal Organs
- Tantra Philosophy
- Tantric World View and Universe Creation
- And so much more!
Students will also learn to charge what they are worth, to create self-confidence, to create a strong online presence and to take action steps to fuel their income goals. This YTT course treats its students like they are entrepreneurs, because that’s what they need to be to succeed as yoga teacher.
Further, students will have access to live lectures on:
- How to get hired at studios
- Get featured at yoga festivals
- Host your first online workshop
- Run your first retreat
- Create your first email opt-in
- Teach online — balancing free vs. paid content
Graduates of the program will be well on their way to becoming successful yoga teachers spreading the joy of yoga to others. They’ll be experts at techniques to grow their careers and their business. And, they’ll be miles ahead of yoga teachers whose YTTs didn’t include business trainings.
The course includes high-quality videos, a printed manual and an app. It’s designed to be finished in 6 months.
To graduate from the 300-hour program, students must:
- Complete the final teaching practicum by sending in a 20-min video of themself teaching a themed yoga class using the material presented in training (Chakra-themed flow, progression/regression flow, injury management flow – more details provided at the end of training)
- Complete all journaling exercises, quizzes, and homework outlined in the manual
- Submit their live website (with a sales offer on it) for review
- Complete a 40 day practice
- Complete an ethical statement
- Teach 5 yoga classes (2 of which must be privates), paid for by their own students
Kundalini University YTT
The course is designed “to explore the depth of your cosmic consciousness…to awaken the sleeping presence of your purpose…(and) to bring your courage to life.”
Guru Singh says, “At Kundalini University, our mission is to unveil the student, teacher and master within every personality.”
The Kundalini YTT syllabus is rich with knowledge. You’ll study:
- Pre-Training Pathways such as anatomy, chakras, the 8 limbs of yoga, etc.
- Beginnings, including communication skills
- Role of a Teacher, such as creating a safe class setting
- Sadhana Daily Practice, including aligning biocrystals
- Cosmic History, such as the Aquarian Age
- History of Life as described in ancient texts
- Universal Megaversal Forces
- Human History
- Yogic Technology
- Yoga Heritage
- And so much more.
The course spans 4 months and is taught live with Guru Singh, over Zoom. After completing the Kundalini YTT, students will be eligible to get their 200-hr RYT certification, making them a certified RYT Kundalini yoga teacher.
Uplifted Yoga, as we saw above, helps expectant moms transform their fears into power. They’ll gain the knowledge needed to tackle changes and emerge stronger than ever! They have courses and certs covering everything from Yoga, to Chakras and Ayurveda. The Ayurvedic Nutrition Certification in general is becoming more and more popular btw!
And, it’s clear that Brett Larkin’s Uplifted Yoga teacher training offers all the information needed for a new or experienced yoga teacher achieve success. The 200-hr, 300/500-hr and Kundalini YTTs will propel graduates to great things in the yoga community. They’ll be afforded the ability to change people’s lives. And you can, too, by checking out all of Uplifted Yoga’s teacher trainings!